Technical Buyer to Primus AB
Project & Product management · Stockholm
Calling all technical buyers with a strong passion for the outdoors that shares our ambition to provide outdoor lovers, like ourselves, with great products to explore nature. Come join our adventure!
Are you a Technical Buyer with global experience and big outdoor interests? Do you want to be part of an international outdoor company, with the mission of enabling more people to experience and connect with nature? Then this could be your next career step! This position could be based in Stockholm or Tartu, Estonia.
We got our start in a small, Stockholm blacksmith’s shop in 1892 where our founders developed the world’s first soot-free kerosene stove. That stove is also where we got our namesake: Primus.
Since then Primus has become synonymous with reliability & innovation. For adventurers of all levels, Primus became the first choice for safe, durable products to support small & large outdoor adventures with a culinary touch.
We’ve been on treks like Roald Amundsen's adventure to the South Pole, along the trail with Tenzing Norgay & Edmund Hilary as they summited Mount Everest and we always strive to deliver outdoor lovers the freedom to keep exploring.
At Primus, we have a pragmatic view of life- every day is a potential adventure. We see our business the same way. Adventures come in all shapes & sizes, be it scaling a mountainside or a modest walk through the forest. Our design reflects our values. Food fuels our bodies and stimulates our imagination, whatever the adventure our users are on today, we want to help them eat well & keep trekking.
At our base camp in Solna, we're a team of 14 employees sitting I Stockholm, Sweden 33 people in Estonia that share the same belief and eagerly work to deliver on our ambition. Do you share our beliefs? Does the thought of working with Primus outdoor cooking equipment light your fire? Then you might be the right match for our team.
Primus is a part of a global outdoor group, Fenix Outdoor, that provides solutions, products & retail operations for every aspect of outdoor adventurer’s needs.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Technical Buyer your main responsibility is to ensure our supplier base and that we have the right supplier for our assortment. You will manage our components and product inventory levels and purchase prices. You’ll work with colleagues across borders to support our production and be responsible for sourcing new product development projects.
As a member of our team, you'll lead the sourcing process for Primus & be part of driving the brand’s success. You should be eager to develop and inspire your colleagues within the brand.
This position will be based in Stockholm, SE, or Tartu, Estonia. You will report to our Senior Product and Project Manager, Niklas Liljedahl placed in Stockholm SE.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
In more detail you will focus your time on:
- Maintain and develop our current suppliers
- Source, consider, and develop new suppliers that meet our needs
- Handle negotiations to set prices for our products
- Set up QA inspection routines for products and components
- Be the link between our R&D department and suppliers to get components/products from drawing to production
- Be part of, and drive improvements to the supply chain team and build a cross-company purchasing team.
- Monitor material and freight price development
- Handle administrative, planning, and reporting duties like supplier evaluation process and CSR reporting.
- Take an active role in driving and developing the brand strategy as a brand team member
WHO YOU ARE
We think you could be a great match for the position if you possess the following traits and capabilities:
- You have a bachelor degree in Engineering or a related topic
- You have experience sourcing technical equipment and components, including injection molded plastic parts, machined and casted metal parts.
- You have a minimum of 5 years of operational work experience within technical buying and sourcing
- You have a strong track record of achieving high business impact via process, people, and organizational change in fast-paced environments
- Technically skilled and computer literate with programs like business admin systems and Microsoft environment, etc.
- You communicate fluently in English if you speak Swedish and/or Estonian languages that are a plus but not mandatory
- You have experience from working in a global organization with local markets
- You have experience of working with suppliers in both Europe and Asia, with responsibility for sourcing requirements preferably combined with CSR actions
- If you have work experience from consumer products, and/or outdoor is a plus but not mandatory.
When you see an opportunity you act on it, if you encounter a challenge you look for a solution, you’re not afraid to take ownership and drive improvements wherever necessary. You're a people person, you enjoy building relationships based on trust with stakeholders, colleagues and partners from all backgrounds. You have a love and respect for nature and the outdoors and an authentic enthusiasm toward the Brands at Fenix Outdoor. You are eager to share your passion and engage others to fall in love with the outdoors.
WHAT WE OFFER
Working for Primus means being part of an international fast-growing organization. As an employee for Primus you’ll join a company with:
- Exciting and innovative jobs, empowered employees, and a great workplace atmosphere
- Marvelous, forward-leaning & dedicated colleagues
- An international work environment where ambitious initiatives are cherished.
- A company that lives & breathes sustainability
How to Apply
Apply by filling out the application form and upload your CV in PDF format. We will review applications continuously and the advert may close before the recruitment process is completed if we have moved forward to the screening or interview phase. So please send in your application today. Please note that we do not accept applications via mail in line with GDPR. We're looking forward to reading your application!
- Start date: Immediately according to time of notice
- Extent: Fulltime employment
- Location: Solna, Stockholm or Tartu, Estonia
- Salary: Monthly salary
- How to apply: Apply by filling out the application form and upload your CV in PDF format. We will review applications continuously. Please note that we do not accept applications via mail in line with GDPR.
We look forward to hearing from you.